EDA University Center
As a joint effort between the Institute for Decision Making, Strategic Marketing Services and Advance Iowa, the US Economic Development Authority (EDA) University Center Project focuses on enhancing the support system for entrepreneurship development across Iowa.
Pandemic Impact on Iowa Businesses - Survey 4 Summaries Now Available!
A fourth survey funded by the U.S. Economic Development Administration was conducted for the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) from March 16, 2022 through April 15, 2022. Businesses and organizations across the state offered information about what they are experiencing and how they are handling the post-pandemic economy. Nearly 4,000 Iowa businesses and organizations responded to the survey. IDM and SMS have developed several reports from the results:
- Read the Executive Summary.
- Read the Nonprofit Report - Coming Soon!
- Read the Rural Report - Coming Soon!
Industry 4.0 Training and Resources for Economic Developers
IDM and Iowa's Community Colleges organized an online training for community college economic developers to provide a basic overview of Industry 4.0 and the terms associated with the tools and technologies of Industry 4.0. The workshop provided participants with visuals and explanations to help them recognize industry adoption, gauge a businesses' readiness or need for Industry 4.0 technologies, and offered useful sources for further learning and resources for business assistance.
IDM continues its involvement with the statewide Industry 4.0 Consortium by developing Industry 4.0 topical handouts for economic developers that enhance their BRE efforts.
COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Businesses Reports - Surveys 1 & 2
Survey 1 Documents:
- Read the executive summary.
- Access the presentation of the summary.
- A separate analysis was completed from the survey results on the COVID-19 impact to not for profit businesses. COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations Report.
- In addition, an analysis of rural counties was completed to assist policymakers in understanding the initial impact of the COVID-19 crisis on rural Iowa. Rural Iowa Survey Results.
Survey 2 Documents:
- Read the Executive Summary for Survey 2.
- Access Survey 2 results for the COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations.
- Access the Survey 2 Results for Rural Iowa.
Survey 3 Documents: