EDA University Center
As a joint effort between the Institute for Decision Making, Strategic Marketing Services and Advance Iowa, the US Economic Development Authority (EDA) University Center Project focuses on enhancing the support system for business innovation and entrepreneurship development across Iowa.
Industry 4.0 Training and Resources for Economic Developers
IDM and Iowa's Community Colleges organized an online training for community college economic developers to provide a basic overview of Industry 4.0 and the terms associated with the tools and technologies of Industry 4.0. The workshop provided participants with visuals and explanations to help them recognize industry adoption, gauge a businesses' readiness or need for Industry 4.0 technologies, and offered useful sources for further learning and resources for business assistance.
IDM continues its involvement with the statewide Industry 4.0 Consortium by developing Industry 4.0 topical handouts for economic developers that enhance their BRE efforts.
COVID Business Survey Comparison Report
IDM and SMS have examined the four IEDA surveys conducted from the initial impacts of the pandemic in March of 2020 through the lingering effects of the pandemic in April of 2022 and have created this comparison report. CLICK HERE to view the comparison report.
COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Businesses Reports
Survey 1 Documents:
- Read the executive summary.
- Access the presentation of the summary.
- A separate analysis was completed from the survey results on the COVID-19 impact to not for profit businesses. COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations Report.
- In addition, an analysis of rural counties was completed to assist policymakers in understanding the initial impact of the COVID-19 crisis on rural Iowa. Rural Iowa Survey Results.
Survey 2 Documents:
- Read the Executive Summary for Survey 2.
- Access Survey 2 results for the COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations.
- Access the Survey 2 Results for Rural Iowa.
Survey 3 Documents:
Survey 4 Documents: