COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Businesses Reports - Survey 1 (March)
The EDA University Center (UC) Team members from the Institute for Decision Making and Strategic Marketing Services assisted the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) conduct a statewide survey of businesses to assess the impact of COVID-19. The survey was conducted from March 17 through March 23 and garnered input from 13,905 businesses, ranging from micro to major firms and all industry sectors, from all of Iowa's 99 counties.
- Read the executive summary here.
- Access a Presentation of summary here.
- A separate analysis was completed from the survey results on the COVID-19 impact to not for profit businesses. Access the COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations report here.
- In addition, an analysis of rural counties was completed to assist policymakers in understanding the initial impact of the COVID-19 crisis on rural Iowa. Access the Rural Iowa Survey Results here.
COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Businesses Reports - Survey 2 (May)
Survey 2 was launched May 14th and was open through May 29th. The second COVID-19 impact survey collected input from 9,681 businesses of all business types and sizes across Iowa.
- Read the Executive Summary for Survey 2 here.
- Access Survey 2 results for the COVID-19 Impact on Iowa Nonprofit Organizations here.
- Access the Survey 2 results for Rural Iowa here.